Monday, September 20, 2010

Panini sandwiches makes any meal special !!!!

A panini grill can turn a sandwich into a special meal because because sandwiches are so yummy with the grilled crust on the outside. Since tomatoes and zucchini are still coming from the gardens I used them in my panini along with a Garden Herb Sunshine Burger and some fresh organic spinach and some Follow Your Heart Mozzarella vegan cheese. Start by grilling the Sunshine Burger by itself. Take it off and cut some fresh zucchini into diagonal slices and salt and pepper them. Oil the grill and grill these next. Put the sandwich together with the bread and the burger, the grilled zucchini, a slice of fresh tomato (I used an orange one) some spinach leaves and some slices of the veggie cheese. I used some pumpernickel bread but your favorite bread would work as well. I then spread some veggie butter on the outside of the bread and into the panini grill it goes to brown. I actually don't have a panini grill so I used my George Foreman instead. It is a little tricky but it will do the trick! Panini grills work better because the back is hinged so it fits a thicker type of food inside.
Paninis are so much fun to make and eat !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment